(Source : fykai)
29. If you could write the sequel (or prequel) to any fic out there not written by yourself, which would you choose?
I strongly believe that a fic always wraps up at the perfect point in the writer’s mind and anything beyond that would take apart the carefully crafted structure of the intended story.
Having said that, it’d be an exciting challenge to write the aftermath to windowright's "the end of this shared history". One, because I have a thing for Hunger Games AU. Two, because the setting is intense and mesmerising. Three, because no one’s dead yet.
Having said THAT, I won’t ever do it, because it’s perfect as it is and I won’t touch that. ~o~
1. Describe your comfort zone—a typical you-fic.
A seduces B and they end up having ~no-strings-attached sex for a variety of reasons. A finally realises there might be strings, but vehemently denies it. A and B are stuck in a passive aggressive tug-of-war because they’re both too emotionally stunted to deal with a relationship. There is much sex and absolutely-not-talking-about-feelings. There might be a few gory dead bodies along the way.
3. Is there a trope you wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole?
Infidelity. I just can’t do it. And uh, mpreg. Or any kind of pregnancy tbh.
5. Share one of your strengths.
I could be quite visual in my writing, I think. It helps me to think of scenes and sequences as part of a movie. In my head, I often see exactly where the characters are sitting, what they’re wearing, the lighting, the camera angle, where the close-ups could be.
6. Share one of your weaknesses.
I don’t have witty dialogues or a sense of humour lol. My lines are not something that will ever strike someone as ‘clever’. A lot of times they tend to overrun. But the major thing is that my stories and in turn my characters lack emotional depth. I could say it’s just my style, but still, I can’t write the kind of story that evokes genuine emotion like sadness or happiness. Everything I write tends to skirt the surface of emotions or actively avoid them.
…omg I’ve just remembered my biggest grievance back in the days was that I CAN’T WRITE A LOVE STORY.
13. What’s the best writing advice you’ve ever come across?
'Read books' tbh. In order to write well, you have to know what good writing is first.
14. What’s the worst writing advice you’ve ever come across?
Do u really think I would remember a bad advice…
17. Do you write your story from start to finish, or do you write the scenes out of order?
Start to finish. That’s why when I write, I have to keep going at it until the story runs out. It’s very time consuming. u__u
28. Share three of your favorite fic writers and why you like them so much.
This is so difficult omg… I-I have so many people I like…
I think one that will always stand out to me is amillionsheep. She’s pretty much everything I won’t ever have: wit, excellent humour, and a strong grasp of genuine human emotions. Her writing is very simple and light-hearted, but that’s why it’s refreshing and hits the hardest when it counts. It’s the kind of writing that makes me laugh and genuinely enjoy reading.
- Describe your comfort zone—a typical you-fic.
- Is there a trope you’ve yet to try your hand at, but really want to?
- Is there a trope you wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole?
- How many fic ideas are you nurturing right now? Care to share one of them?
- Share one of your strengths.
- Share one of your weaknesses.
- Share a snippet from one of your favorite pieces of prose you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
- Share a snippet from one of your favorite dialogue scenes you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
- Which fic has been the hardest to write?
- Which fic has been the easiest to write?
- Is writing your passion or just a fun hobby?
- Is there an episode above all others that inspires you just a little bit more?
- What’s the best writing advice you’ve ever come across?
- What’s the worst writing advice you’ve ever come across?
- If you could choose one of your fics to be filmed, which would you choose?
- If you only could write one pairing for the rest of your life, which pairing would it be?
- Do you write your story from start to finish, or do you write the scenes out of order?
- Do you use any tools, like worksheets or outlines?
- Stephen King once said that his muse is a man who lives in the basement. Do you have a muse?
- Describe your perfect writing conditions.
- How many times do you usually revise your fic/chapter before posting?
- Choose a passage from one of your earlier fics and edit it into your current writing style. (Person sending the ask is free to make suggestions).
- If you were to revise one of your older fics from start to finish, which would it be and why?
- Have you ever deleted one of your published fics?
- What do you look for in a beta?
- Do you beta yourself? If so, what kind of beta are you?
- How do you feel about collaborations?
- Share three of your favorite fic writers and why you like them so much.
- If you could write the sequel (or prequel) to any fic out there not written by yourself, which would you choose?
- Do you accept prompts?
- Do you take liberties with canon or are you very strict about your fic being canon compliant?
- How do you feel about smut?
- How do you feel about crack?
- What are your thoughts on non-con and dub-con?
- Would you ever kill off a canon character?
- Which is your favorite site to post fic?
- Talk about your current wips.
- Talk about a review that made your day.
- Do you ever get rude reviews and how do you deal with them?
- Write an alternative ending to [insert fic title] (or just the summary of one).
ask away, etc.
i blocked out bad-hair era for the longest time but lately i’ve been seeing pictures of him with his normal hair and gdi he’s back to looking obscenely cute and young…….. :|